This opportunity is open to all high school juniors (11th grade):
- Attending school in Lawrence or Morgan counties
- Living in the Joe Wheeler EMC service territory
- With at least 1 parent or legal guardian being a member of Joe Wheeler EMC
At least 1 student will be selected from each school with qualifying applicants:
- Homeschooled and small private schools will be grouped together as 1 "school"
- If that student is unable to attend:
- A runner-up will be selected to fill the spot from that school
- Students interested in participating must complete an application and submit it to:
- Michael Cornelison, JWEMC’s Youth Tour Coordinator
- Students will be notified of their selection by January 14, 2022
- Selected students must have the approval of your:
- Guidance counselor
- Family members of JWEMC employees are not eligible to apply
Applications must be completed fully and received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 14, 2022 (Deadline Extended)
Youth Tour Functions
Students selected must attend all JWEMC Youth Tour functions. Failure to attend all portions of the Montgomery trip:
- Will make a student ineligible for the Washington Youth Tour and a runner-up will be selected to attend
Before the Montgomery Youth Tour, all 15 students attending will interview:
- To be selected as 1 of 5 winners of an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C. in June
- At the JWEMC Trinity office on President's Day
During the Montgomery Youth Tour, the 5 Washington Youth Tour students will be selected based on their:
The students selected for the Washington Youth Tour will be informed after returning from Montgomery. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
*Due to COVID concerns, some or all parts of the Youth Tour may be altered or canceled without notice.
If you need a paper application, please contact Michael Cornelison at (256) 552-2300.