Skip to content
- All primary conduit shall be 2 inches inside the lot line or 5 feet from the back of the easement as specified by the Engineer.
- The trench shall be clean, level and as straight as possible.
- All trenches shall have marking tape installed with 6 inches of backfill over conduit, then again with 1 foot 6 inchesof backfill on top of the first tape. The marking tape will be furnished by JWEMC located at 25700 Alabama Highway 24 in Trinity.
- All primary conduits shall have a minimum of 3 feet 6 inches and a maximum of 5 feet of cover at finished grade.
- All secondary, lighting, or services shall have a minimum of 3 feet and a maximum of 5 feet of cover at finished grade except at street crossings, which shall have a minimum of 3 feet 6 inches of cover.
- Following required inspections, all trenches shall be back filled and compacted by developer/contractor. Any additional fill required due to settlement of back fill shall be developer/contractor’s responsibility.